2019 Annual Report
The Board of Commissioners authorized the following contracts and/or studies:
Responsible Hospitality Institute, Inc. (RHI): The Board approved the expenditure of $3,500.00 to RHI to prepare a Nighttime Economy Hospitality Zone Assessment of the French Quarter and Marigny Triangle that focused on Bourbon Street and Frenchman Street and was developed through a series of stakeholder meetings, a leadership summit and five roundtable sessions on Safety, Hospitality, Music, Community and Development. Review the final report.
Downtown Development District (DDD): The Board approved the expenditure of $20,000.00 to the DDD to expand the boundaries of a Parking and Mobility Study the DDD was undertaking to include the properties in the portion of the Marigny Triangle that are within the District’s boundaries so that all of the District would be included in the Study. Review the final report.
Operations Plan Security District (FQMD Initiative): The FQMD was founded to promote a vision of making the French Quarter a vibrant and safe place to live, work and visit. This Management and Operations Plan details the pursuit of that vision. The recommendations in this plan reflect valuable input from members of the public, extensive research and analysis, and close conversations with partner agencies and organizations, including the New Orleans Police Department. Review the final report.
Events Sponsored: Public Meetings Hosted
- French Quarter Land Value Property Assessments (2012)
- Loudspeaker Placement in French Quarter Businesses (2012)
- Proposed Legislation to Create a Hospitality Zone (2012)
- Referendum to Create a French Quarter Security District (2010)
- Formosan Termite Prevention (2011)
- New Orleans Seafood Festival, co-sponsored (6/2008)
- Established SafeCams8 Program (2012)
- Prohibiting Parking & Stopping from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. on the 100 Blocks of Bourbon and Royal Streets & 700 block of Iberville Street
- Limiting Use of Barricades on the 100 Blocks of Bourbon Street
- Ambassador Safety Ranger Patrols (2008-2009)
- Block-by-Block Survey of Condition of French Quarter Sidewalks
- Block-by-Block Survey of Condition of French Quarter Lampposts
- Block-by-Block Survey of Condition of French Quarter Signage
Governmental & Enforcement Initiatives
- Flyers on French Quarter Ordinances
- Supporting Ordinance on French Quarter Curfew for Children 16 and Under, Ordinance Calendar No. 28,787
- Supporting Ordinance Prohibiting Aggressive Solicitation, Ordinance Calendar No. 28,682
- Supporting Loudspeaker Ordinance creating Sect. 66-209, Ordinance Calendar No. 28,967